Recall can only take place 18 months after the provincial election and by then the HST will have been enacted, but with all the anger out there recalling the premier should be a snap, here is what we must do.
- as of november 15/2010 we can pay a 50$ fee and submit a statement to the chief electoral officer,we must submit in writing the reason we want to recall the MLA in that electoral district,the application must be 200 words or less.
- After the chief electoral officer receives our application he/or she will send us an application.
- Once we receive the petition from the chief electoral officer we will have 60 days to to sign up 40% of the voters who were registered to vote in that electoral district and are currently registered to vote in BC.
- we may be helped by volunteers to collect signatures,there is no limit to the amount of volunteers we can deploy.
- BC elections then checks the validity of the signatures collected and this process must be completed within 42 days of its presentation.
- If confirmed the MLA or in this case, the premier ceases to hold office and a bi-election is called.
Here are the voting numbers for the Point Grey riding for the 2009 provincial election.
- Gordon Campbell--50.38%.......11.556 votes
- sex party---------------0.57%.........130 votes
- Green party-----------8.78%--------2012 votes
- NDP-Mel Lehan-----40.28%------9.232 votes
As you can see by those results that Gordon Campbell wasn`t that popular in his own riding, to get this recall going in Point Grey should be child`s play, we don`t even need one BC Liberal voter to pull it off,yet I am sure that a large percentage of voters who voted for the liar(Gordon Campbell) would gladly sign the recall petition.
You see folks we can do this, with a 1000 volunteers working together to gather signatures we could canvass the entire Point Grey riding in days, there were only roughly 23000 votes cast in total for the riding, to sign up everyone would only require each volunteer to collect 23 signatures, and that would be all the voters, to meet the criteria for elections BC.....The 40% mark would only require collecting 9200 signatures......that would work out to 10 signatures per volunteer.
HST or not, how many of you would get great pleasure in having Gordon Campbell being the first and only premier ever to be removed from office, Gordon Campbell`s ego is so bloated,so important is his legacy, imagine the pleasure of having Gordon Campbell`s career being sullied by removal,the history books, Canadian political history on recall and there would be Gordon Campbell`s picture for eternity to see hanging on the wall of shame.
I am going to send this story to Bill teileman and ask him to start another face book page,a face book page dedicated to but one cause, gathering volunteers for the recall and removal of Gordon Campbell, I will be the first to join that facebook page, anyone care to join me?
The Straight Goods
Cheers-Eyes Wide Open