Fazil Mihlar....The head of the Vancouver Sun editorial board, a little background is required, Fazil was a writer for the Fraser institute and is still a high regarded member of the right wing red neck stink tank, in fact I wouldn`t be surprised if the latest article from the Fraser institute was co-written by Niels Veldhuis and Fazil Mihlar...
In the latest Fraser institute spinfest they gave Gordon Campbell a generous mark of 90 out of 100 and rated Gordon Muir Campbell as the best premier and fiscal manager....The methodology on how they arrived at their numbers is a mystery.....
But from what I read the marking`s and scoring went as such.
- Gordon Campbell recieved 20 points for lowering the minimum wage to $6 dollars per hour.
- Campbell received another 10 points for not raising the minimum wage in 10 years and agreeing to never raise it as premier.
- 10 points for giving massive subsidies to the highly profitable oil n gas sector.
- 5 points for eliminating the minimum tax on highly profitable banks.
- 5 points for lying about our last record setting B.C. deficit.
- 5 points for the excellence and efficiency of the BC Government document shredders.
- 5 points for appointing Liberal insiders and big business friends in positions of power.
- 5 points for devouring and licking clean every last drop of money from the public trough, thus eliminating the need for a trough cleaner.
- 20 points for lying to win the election.
- The HST was not part of this years rankings, the HST will be part of next year`s rankings, so Campbell`s score is at 90, if the HST was taken into consideration Campbell`s score would be 110
But what I really wanted to talk about is.....Fazil Milhar`s story on the Millennium boondoggle athlete`s village, because according to Fazil the problems at the athletes village was all caused by Gregor Robertson, Mihlar`s story is a classic example of yellow journalism, the title of the story, the premise of the story would lead the uninformed reader to blame Gregor Robertson, and only in the second to last line of the spin does Fazil state.