Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Few Words From The Powell River Persuader



There has been lots of post election analysis done, Bill Tieleman is the latest to weigh in, he has an article wherein he describes BC Liberal voters as drones responding to the call of a dog-whistle...His theory is preposterous..

Lets be perfectly clear on a few obvious facts, the media was against the NDP(especially since they vowed to end non-essential Government advertising)...But, the media has always been against the NDP, this was to be expected, the Liberals negative campaign started 18 months before the election..

Adrian Dix made a mistake in announcing before the election that he was removing the Government RESP(advertising by government)...Yes that RESP is unfair and a long way off, but by removing it wasn`t going to garner any votes, only lose votes, the change of heart on Kinder Morgan, again, it gained him no votes, that move wasn`t going to stem the flow of votes to the Green party, and it wasn`t fatal.

Adrian Dix`s campaign was one of muzzled candidates, their star John Horgan and others became muzzled, outside of candidates speaking at all candidate`s meeting the stars were ordered muzzled, and even that turned disastrous when Charlie Wyse told his audience that the NDP would be having a moratorium on fracking, how come Charlie Wyse didn`t know the NDP platform?

The bottom line on why the NDP lost the 2013 election was because Adrian Dix was a flawed candidate from the beginning, a flawed candidate who didn`t fight, he took the brunt of the personal attacks from the Liberals laying down, Sun News and other local media outfits chimed in too..Adrian Dix was called names, called dishonest and he showed no backbone, only with a perfect candidate could the NDP have afforded to lay back and play rope-a-dope..Adrian Dix was far from perfect, and that is something that Bill Tieleman fails to recognize, and that`s the problem the NDP has today, until we admit why we lost 2013 election we will never achieve victory..

Background on Adrian Dix`s leadership win... Bill Tieleman was in fact Adrian Dix`s leadership guru, Adrian Dix was Bill Tieleman`s candidate, and that`s why Bill Tieleman won`t face the music, won`t face the real facts, Tieleman goes out writing about Christy Clark blowing a dog-whistle to bring the BC Liberal voters back into the fold...

The BC Liberals in election 2013 lost about 1% of their vote total from 2009..The NDP lost near 4% of their 2009 vote totals, in other words with all that ammo, all the scandals, the debt, deficits and a mentally weak BC Liberal leader Christy Clark, Adrian Dix couldn`t even hold the vote we had....

The public rejected Adrian Dix......

Throughout the internet, can anyone even name one popular BC Liberal promoting blogger?, I can`t....On comment threads in the mainstream press, Facebook comments, CBC comments, the BC Liberal supporters were few and far between...Yet almost all low-information voters voted against Adrian Dix..

Yes the pollsters screwed the NDP, the media was against us, and unfortunately we had a leader who hurt us too, hurt us fatally, we can`t settle for a flawed candidate, second or third best we need the brightest star possible..

I had a bit of an online squabble with Bill T over at the Tyee on his article..

And let me be perfectly clear, I don`t care if Tieleman argues over things I said or predicted, that`s fair game....

But in the comment thread Bill T called me out as being not worthy of being listened to because I commented at the Tyee under the name Misssion Impossible....Here is what Bill Tieleman stated in his comment to me(cut n pasted)


"Bill Tieleman replies to "Mission Impossible" and "Bacedas"

"Mission Impossible" or Grant or Brian: First, if you want your criticism to be taken seriously, try putting out your real name."

First off, Bill T knows exactly who I am as we have had email and phone conversations...Secondly, the entire comment thread is littered with comments with internet handles, not names but handles, on Bill T`s blog most of his commenters comments are under anonymous names...

Yet Bill T chose to come at me with a strawman argument, that friends is childish, no comments should be discounted because you are unsure of the commenters real name...

And for the record, three plus years ago I commented at the Tyee under my real name, and when I did, Brad Zubyk posted my HST canvassing status online at the Tyee, then when I created this blog the same Brad Zubyk created an attack website that went after me personally, in that site Brad Zubyk posted my name, my address, my phone number, my town, my dad`s name and what business he was in, in that blog Zubyk called me a drunk, delusional and worse, Brad Zubyk also told the very few readers that went there to send money to my email address...None was sent as there was no paypal ..But mainly because no read Brad Zubyk`s blog, ...His scribbling was amateurish and mentally deranged...Brad Zubyk personified...

And a few months later my home was torched and animals killed, my 26 year old Siamese cat, my 17 year old tabby and 15 year old Charlie cat, not to mention every personal item I owned gone....

I wrote several stories about it...including this one..

 http://powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca/2012/02/soot.html

And here is the mentally disturbed site Zubyk created to go after me..


http://briangough.blogspot.ca/

These facts are well-known to most at the Tyee and here...

Many have asked why I write under the name Grant G....Grant G was my dad...I had no internet, no computer or typing skills, my dad had a computer up coast and he asked me to play with it, figure it out...All I could early on is read stuff and email, when I emailed people, even when my name was written in the content of the letter everyone called me Grant, it was because of the name on the email.....And when I was persuaded by Ross K to start a blog, I never thought it would amount to anything, and when I set up with blogger, through email they called my Grant...So when I first posted a story there it was, the articles written by Grant Gough....I managed to figure out how to remove the ough...And left Grant G....

And throughout my life, because I look like ans sound like my dad I was called Grant Junior

My dad was alive and he was thrilled with receiving emails about his articles, it turned into a running joke between dad and I....And to tell you the truth, he was never prouder of me over the stories written, and he kinda liked being praised by his friends for his stories...

And so the pen name was created, yet almost everyone knows who I am, and those who don`t who cares, it doesn`t change the gist of my articles...

John Horgan knows who I am, the Tyee knows who I am, Bill Tieleman knows who I am, Robin Mathews and BC Mary, Kootcoot knows, it doesn`t change a damn thing...

Alex Tsakumis(who has like 20 million readers) has told everyone on his website on multiple occasions what my real name is, he also called me a drunk, drug addict and insane, ...Brad Zubyk(cool hand luke) on the Tyee has said in comments many times what my real name is too..In fact that sicko Brad Zubyk`s website has been posted here and at the Tyee by me on many occasions as I was calling Zubyk out...

So here Bill Tieleman was being a tool trying to create a strawman argument to discredit my arguments on his dog whistle obfuscation article..


 http://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2013/05/28/What-Beat-BC-NDP/

So yes, I got royally pissed at Bill Tieleman when he tried to dismiss my comments out of hand because they were written under the name Mission Impossible(Tyee comment name of mine, at one time), because he knows my name, that was a lowdown dirty move...especially when 95% of all comments on all websites and blogs are under an aliases, including Bill T`s own site....Who comments with their real name?

And when I used(early on) my real name(Brian Gough) on the Tyee, who goes after me?...Brad Zubyk, with an attack website, a slanderous one, a slanderous website that led some freak to my home who burnt down my world and killed my animals..

Brad Zubyk attacked every commenter at the Tyee who used his or her real name...He would research their name and post slanderous personal attacks...Brad Zubyk is a slimy piece of garbage, a gutless puke, a coward, a BC Liberal bootlicking woof woof hounddog..I`m being polite

Time for you to man-up Bill T....We are all upset with the election 2013 results but dog-whistles didn`t cost us the election, your flawed candidate Adrian Dix who ran a lousy campaign did..

And as for my Tyee name Mission Impossible, that has been banned today for speaking my mind, for speaking the Straight Goods, as had my Tyee name from three years ago been banned...

Message to Bill Tieleman and all NDPers, .....

Unless we are honest with ourselves as to why we lost the election we`ll never figure out how to actually win one...

 http://powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca/2013/05/are-there-no-more-honouale-men-hari.html

We might want to start here..


 http://powellriverpersuader.blogspot.ca/2011/04/born-to-lead-honourable-john-hogan.html


We can`t win with a flawed candidate, we have enough trouble winning with the best...

I wish you well Bill Tieleman, we need your skill in the near future...

Time to move on, something about spilled milk and water under the bridge..

The same as it ever was....


The Straight Goods

Cheers Eyes Wide Open








No comments: